You may have read on the blog that over the coming months Justgiving will be changing. For the last 18 months we’ve been listening to our users and working really hard to make some great changes to the site. We have a new logo and a new thermometer which will change colour depending on what our charities and users choose.
These changes have been made to allow Justgiving to fade into the background a little and let our users shine through. We are also changing the homepage to reflect this – we want to feature more of our amazing fundraisers’ campaigns. This is where we need your help. If you have a Justgiving page and would like to get exposure on the homepage for your fundraising efforts then please get in touch.
Simply send a photo of yourself and your fundraising page address to email@example.com. Due to the size of the placement the photo needs to be of relatively high quality, either taken with a digital camera (anything 3 mega pixels or more) or an SLR camera. The more interesting the photo the better, we’re looking for great photos of you fundraising, training or just doing something silly – whether that means running, cycling, or having your head shaved! Photos of you on your own or as part of a team are equally welcome.
What works best:
* Photos of happy people taken outside in natural sunlight
* Active photos of people taking part in an event – no sitting on the sofa or merely posing in your tracksuit!
* Photos that can be cropped as a square or a horizontal rectangle – vertical rectangular shapes don’t really work
* People wearing colourful kit, fancy dress or uniforms
* If you are taking place in an active event with equipment, such as a row or a cycle ride get a photo of you and your bike, boat, horse, whatever!
What we don’t want:
* Red eyes
* Random photos of ‘fundraising in the pub’
* Partial or full nudity! (you’d be surprised at what we get sent…)
* Blurry or out of focus pictures
Not every photo we receive will be posted on the homepage but if your image is chosen we will let you know promptly. Your photo will stay up on the Justgiving.com homepage for approximately 1-2 months, in rotation with other photos. (just keep on refreshing the homepage!)